Wild Plants as Food, Medicine, and Soil Indicators
Saturday, June 1, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
Plants commonly referred to as weeds have many beneficial uses. Learn what they are telling us about the health of the soil. Learn how to harvest and process them for food and medicine, as well as tips on how to discourage the weeds you don’t want in your garden and how to encourage those you do. This class will start with a slideshow in the classroom and then venture out to a local garden for hands-on learning and to sample edible weeds provided by the instructor. Drew is an edible-garden and Permaculture consultant, the manager of Jesse Cool's Seeds of Change Garden, and the former Common Ground Garden Manager.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.